The mission of First Steps Preschool is to glorify God through the training and nurturing of children in their spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development by providing a child centered program that conveys salvation through Jesus Christ and fosters a love for God and His word, a love for each other, and a love for the world.
Psalm 78:3-4 “We will not hide them from the children, telling the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and His strength, and His wonderful works that He has done.”
My daughter attends the First Steps Preschool 3 year old class and loves it! The teachers here have by far exceeded my expectations. My daughter has learned to write her name, and sounding out all the letters. I love that this is a Christian based preschool... she comes home telling me "mom do you know how much Jesus loves me!" I'm always impressed how clean and organized the staff are. Each day my daughter is excited to come to preschool because of the love and encouragement the teachers at First Steps gives her." -Amber Gonzales
Here at First Steps Preschool, we offer a quality Christian preschool education for members of our church family and the community of Lodi. We believe the family is the most important provider of care AND the most important teacher of values. First Steps Preschool’s role is to support and assist the family in this endeavor.
Our top priority is the nurturing and educating of young children in a Christian environment using a variety of experiences and materials to help the child grow spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically in a secure atmosphere of warmth and love.
Each child is a precious individual, created in the image of God who learns and develops uniquely. First Steps Preschool provides a learning environment that strives to meet the individual needs of every child. It is a place where children will develop a positive self image and feel loved and accepted.
Children have freedom within limits to develop skills necessary to grow and practice foundational life skills. Children interact with peers and experiment with many forms of language, art, science, music and math, opening their eyes to the world around them and maximizing the potential Christ sees in each one.
Proverbs 22:6 “Train the child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it.”
The Preschool Board members affirm the following Statement of Faith.
- We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired and inerrant Word of God and that it is, therefore, the final authority in matters of faith and practice. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- We believe in one God who exits co-equally and co-eternally in three persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19-20
- We believe the world was created by the will and word of God. Genesis 1:27-31
- We believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin and that He is fully God and fully man. Luke 1:26-35
- We believe that man was created in the image of God: that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God: and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and become sinners in through, word and deed. Romans 5:12
- We believe in the deity and personhood of the Holy Spirit. John 15:26
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood. John 3:14-16; 1 Peter 1:18-19
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, after being buried following his crucifixion on the cross at Calvary, rose bodily from the dead, and that He is the Savior, and the only Savior, through whom fallen man can find forgiveness and salvation. John 1:29
- We believe that Jesus Christ Himself will come again to this world to rule and reign in righteousness, and that His coming again will be literal, personal and visible. John 14:1-6; Acts 1:11.
- We believe in justification by faith alone, apart from human merit. Ephesians 2:8-9
- We believe in the personal existence of Satan and demonic beings. Job1:6; Matthew 25:41
- We believed that the first day of the week is to be observed as the Lord’s Day. John 20:19; Acts 20:7
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the righteous to ever lasting blessedness and the wicked to everlasting damnation. Matthew 25: 31-46
- We believe a Baptist church is composed of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior who have been baptized by immersion in water in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the responsibility of the saved is to live separate Christian, God honoring lives and faithfully witness to all men. Ezekiel 33:7-9; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18
- We believe in loyalty to and in full cooperation with, the North American Baptist Conference providing that such cooperation and loyalty will never require the surrender of any of these truths.